ReviewingWonderland

Reviewing Wonderland

"I'm Mad. You're Mad. We're all Mad here." ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland We love to share our love of Young Adult and New Adult books with the world.

The Runaway King (Ascendance Trilogy Series #2)

The Runaway King - Jennifer A. Nielsen Sage/Jaron return in book two of the Ascendance Trilogy - this time on the brink of war with Avenia. The only problem is that no one believes him when he tells them that war is coming. Jaron gets attacked and then has to run to save his country. Jaron then does the unthinkable.... he joins the ones against his country, the pirates. What is going on? Jaron must save his country and try to survive the adventure he has placed in front of him. Roden returns as well, with thoughts of revenge against our King. Will Sage be able to save his country, or will he die in the attempt?This book was amazing! I couldn't put it down and had it finished in two days. I was anxiously awaiting the second book in this trilogy (preparing myself for the inevitable let-down of a second book). This book was nothing I was afraid of and everything I hoped for. Captivating! Jennifer Nielson brought in the craziness of adventure with turns and twists and non-stop action! Nice twist at the end of the book that I really liked. Loved the book, and I highly recommend this series.-Kaylee**I received an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book in exchange for this review. All opinions are my own.**